"Planning" my personal 202020 challenge

When Alve came up with the 202020.eu challenge, the challenge seemed to be quite doable. While visiting 20 countries in 2020  with a velomobile is a tough call, visiting the Balkan states or the Baltic states provides the opportunity to visit a lot of states in a short period of time - so I thought.

But after Covid-19 the challenge has become much harder - if not impossible. Alve just posted on facebook that he has to suspend his ride through Europe:
"I had to make a drastic decision because of the Corona virus. Stay and spend time on the Polish countryside for a month or two, maybe more, or go back home for some time. Borders are closed and my only option, against my will, is to fly to Sweden." -- Alve Henricson

My holidays start on April 8th and end on Juli 8th. The original plan was to (more or less) follow the eurovelo routes EV12 (Hamburg to Calais), EV4 (Calais to Morlaix) , EV1 (Morlaix to Huelva), EV8 (Cadiz to somewhere in Greece) and (depending on how much time is left) go back north on EV11.

But currently all plans are moot. The only thing I can to is to complete my equipment and try to do some training.


The original training plan was to cycle to work (56km each way) Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in order to have a free day between each training day.
I did this exactly once. Then we were ordered to work from home and now the distance from my bed to my laptop is 5.6m instead of 56km. The training effect is somewhat diminished by this.

But today was a great day for cycling (if somewhat windy). So after lunch I went out to do a relaxed 90km tour enjoying the sun and mild temperatures.

Comments